The perforated tapes allow more air circulation due to multiple micro-holes made in the surface of the tapes. When the worker or firefighter exposed to an influx of heat, then there is a risk of more severe body burn in places where normal reflective tape positioned on FR-clothing. In such situation the Perforated tape helps to decrease body burn by letting extra-heat go away from under the tape. It sounds simple and it works!
In March, 2019 our new flame retardant reflective tape XM-6011P been certified to EN 469 and EN 20471 in SATRA(UK) lab. This is a new generation of reflective material. It is more comfortable due to lower weight, better breathability and flexibility.
EN 20471 tests:
- Retro-reflective performance of new material – PASS;
- Retro-reflective performance after
- 5000 Abrasion cycles – PASS – 411 cd/lx*m2;
- 7500 Flexing cycles – PASS – 421 cd/lx*m2;
- Folding at Cold Temperature -20°C – PASS – 443 cd/lx*m2;
- Exposure to Temperature Variation – PASS – 432 cd/lx*m2;
- Retroreflective Performance in Rainfall – PASS – 212 cd/lx*m2;
- Industrial washing (ISO 15797, Method 8), 75°C washing with 90°C tumble drying, 50 cycles – PASS – 152 cd/lx*m2;
- Dry Cleaning (ISO3175, normal Tetrachloroethene (Perchloroethylene)) 30 cycles – PASS – 366 cd/lx*m2.
EN 469 tests:
- Annex B.3.2 – As received – PASS;
- Annex B.3.2 – after ISO 6330 60°C, 50 cycles – PASS;
- Annex B.3.1 – after ISO 6330 60°C, 50 cycles – PASS;
- Annex B.3.2 – after ISO 3175-2, 30 cycles – PASS;
- Annex B.3.1 – after ISO 3175-2, 30 cycles – PASS.
According to these tests, the reflective tape confirmed resistance to 50 industrial wash cycles at 75°C with 90°C tumble dry.
This perforated flame retardant reflective tapes are available in 5cm and 7.5cm widths.
Detailed information is available on the XM-6011P reflective tape product page.