Silver flame retardant reflective tape XM-6011 is one of the most popular in our range. We have been offering it to our customers since the creation of the XM SilverLine brand.
All flame retardant tape requirements are the highest. The reason for this is that these tapes are used for firefighters, welders, people working in open fires, with the danger of fire. For example, for workers in the oil and gas industry.
XM-6011 reflective tape is fully compliant with the American NFPA 2112 standard and the global standards EN 469 and EN 20471.
At the end of February 2019, this tape was tested in the SATRA laboratory in the UK and received an updated certificate of EN 469 and EN 20471 (the previous certificate was obtained in 2014).
Over the past 5 years, we have not only not lost product quality, but have improved it. Test results exceeded our expectations.
Thus, the EN20471 test results are as follows:
- Retro-reflective performance of new material – PASS;
- Retro-reflective performance after
- 5000 Abrasion cycles – PASS – 411 cd/lx*m2;
- 7500 Flexing cycles – PASS – 421 cd/lx*m2;
- Folding at Cold Temperature -20°C – PASS – 443 cd/lx*m2;
- Exposure to Temperature Variation – PASS – 432 cd/lx*m2;
- Retroreflective Performance in Rainfall – PASS – 212 cd/lx*m2;
- Industrial washing (ISO 15797, Method 8), 75°C washing with 90°C tumble drying, 50 cycles – PASS – 212 cd/lx*m2;
- Dry Cleaning (ISO3175, normal Tetrachloroethene (Perchloroethylene)) 30 cycles – PASS – 362 cd/lx*m2.
Tests for compliance with EN469 were also successfully completed:
- Annex B.3.2 – As received – PASS;
- Annex B.3.2 – after ISO 6330 60°C, 50 cycles – PASS;
- Annex B.3.1 – after ISO 6330 60°C, 40 cycles – PASS;
- Annex B.3.2 – ISO 15797, (Method 8), 75°C washing with 90°C tumble dry, 50 cycles – PASS;
- Annex B.3.1 – ISO 15797, (Method 8), 75°C washing with 90°C tumble dry, 50 cycles – PASS;
- Annex B.3.2 – after ISO 3175-2, 30 cycles – PASS;
- Annex B.3.1 – after ISO 3175-2, 30 cycles – PASS.
According to these tests, the reflective tape confirmed resistance to 50 industrial wash cycles at 75°C with 90°C tumble dry.
You can find out more information about flame retardant XM-6011 reflective tape, read the certificates, order a sample tape or request a sales offer on the tape page.